Hatha Yoga Retreat
Hatha Yoga Retreat
Traditionally, the physical postures of Yoga were practiced simultaneously with meditation, and Pranayam (breath work).
Sat Manav Yoga takes such an approach. Fulfilling the original intention of Yoga we bring it all together in balanced application, giving you the deepest experience of fulfillment through practice.
Sat Manav practitioners begin each day with an intensified Asana practice, coupled with Pranayam and meditation. The body is empty, the mind is quiet, the intention for the whole day can be established. It is the ideal time for purification and building of the Pran (life force).
On this retreat we focus on Sat Manav's morning practice, with the specific intention of assisting you in establishing, or deepening, a consistent, dedicated morning Sadhana (practice). Daily practice is essential to the realization of our true purpose as human beings: to experience and emanate fulfillment for the benefit of all beings.
This retreat is not a "vacation" to step away from your life to de-stress, but an intensive experience for you to step into the life you long for! Don't wait! We keep our attendance at each retreat under 10 people to maximize your experience.
Upcoming dates: Oct. 12th-14th, Nov. 9th-11th, Dec. 14th-16th
What you will get out of this retreat...
- Push beyond the limitations of your mind and body
- Rejuvenate the body, revitalize the mind
- Discover your full potential in Asana practice when paired with Pranayama
- Learn that the full benefits of Asanas go far beyond flexibility and strength
- Reinvigorate or establish your daily practice
- 3 hours of teachings, application and discussion on Yogi life and Hatha Yoga practice
- 8 hours of Asana (postures), Pranayam (breath extension) and meditation intensives
- Sattvic (balanced) vegan fare-prepared by experienced dedicated practitioners and chefs
- Pradakshina-a meditative hike, circumambulating our Guru's practice temple, a traditional practice to receive the emanations of accomplished practitioners (optional)
Whatever intelligence exists in the universe, or in the body, is prana (life force). Pranayams are part of Hatha Yoga practice that seeks to expand the prana. The expansion of life and the emanation of it to all beings is our main purpose as yogis. Pranayams are the basis of that. In this retreat, we will go deep into the intricacies of this Pranayam.
Come to learn meditation, from its subtle intricacies to its vast untapped potential. The methodology of meditation is the systematic, rational approach to attaining what we long for most in life: fulfillment for our selves and all beings.